Balance in mind, body and spirit
Every day your body tells you what it needs to feel light, strong and full of energy. Do you know how to listen? Follow the simple nutrition tips that we give you and achieve the peace you seek for your body and your life.
We've all seen this chart on our packaged foods, but do we really know what it means?
Here we tell you!
The serving size is the average of what a person eats each time and the number of servings refers to how many times that amount is repeated on the package in question.
Compare your own serving (the one you eat in real life) to the serving size listed in the table. If, for example, the serving size is one cup and you eat two cups, you are getting twice the calories, fat, and other nutrients listed on the label.
Check how many calories are in a single serving.
If you are looking to take care of your weight, it is important to pay attention to this number. Other factors go into weight control, but cutting calories is almost always a good idea if you want to maintain or lose weight.
If the food has:
· 40 calories per serving or less is considered low calorie.
· 100 calories per serving, considered moderate.
· 400 calories or more per serving, is a high calorie food.
Foods with more than one ingredient must have the list of ingredients on the label and the ingredients are listed from the highest quantity to the least quantity.
Percent Daily Values are based on a standard 2,000 calorie diet . These percentages are recommended for a whole day, not just a meal or snack, therefore, a food with 5% daily value fat provides 5% of the total fat that a person consuming 2,000 calories a day should consume. .
It is very important to understand that the 2,000 calorie measure is based on an average. This means that depending on your metabolism, you may need more than 2,000 calories a day or less than 2,000 calories a day. Also, depending on your own body, you may need more or less than 100% of the recommended daily value.
· 5% or less indicates that it is Low in the nutrient you are indicating. Look for low percentages in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol and sodium.
· 20% or more indicates that it is High in the indicated nutrient. Look for high percentages of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
· Eating less saturated fat, added sugars and sodium can reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
· Saturated fats and trans fats are linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
· Eating a lot of added sugar makes it difficult to meet your body's nutritional needs within its caloric requirement.
· High levels of sodium can increase blood pressure levels.
· Always look for low percentages in this type of nutrients.
· Fiber, potassium, vitamin D, calcium and iron are excellent for good health and reduce the risk of problems such as osteoporosis and anemia.
· Consume fruits and vegetables as a primary source of these nutrients.
· Always look for high percentages in this type of nutrients.
Calories are important, but it is also important to know how calories are distributed among macronutrients.
Consume a moderate amount of lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, low-fat milk, yogurt and cheese, legumes such as beans and nuts such as peanuts and walnuts, as well as seeds.
There are three types of carbohydrates: sugars, starches, and fiber. Eat whole grain bread, cereals, rice, pasta, vegetables and fruits.
Simple carbohydrates or sugars occur naturally in fruit (fructose), milk (lactose) or refined in cane sugar (sucrose) and corn syrup. It is recommended not to consume more than 10% of the daily value calories from this source.
The most common form of fat in our body are triglycerides and serve to provide the body with energy. They can be acquired through food, but most of it is produced by the liver.
The perfect balance you seek
Eat what you need every day!
Not eating enough instructs your body to conserve calories for whatever is on offer, so the next time you eat, your body will store more calories than it will use in the future. Don't give him an excuse to do it!
Dehydration causes tiredness. Coffee and alcohol cause dehydration, so it's important to balance your intake of these beverages with non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic fluids. Our recommendation? Natural water. It never fails.
Did you know that lack of sleep increases appetite and reduces brain function? Sleep the necessary hours and you will always have energy and concentration, in addition to keeping your weight better.
Try to do at least 30 minutes of exercise three times a week.
If time is short, you can divide it into walks of at least 10 minutes! The energizing effects of exercise last longer than caffeine, plus it reduces stress. There really is no reason not to exercise. It is wonderful!
If you are not used to exercising, find a way to implement it in your day to day and you will feel the results sooner than you think.
Dasavena helps you feel better
Our three recipes are naturally low in sugar since we manually mix them until all the ingredients are impregnated with little honey (this is our secret!).
Then we bake them at low temperatures, moving constantly so that they have an even golden color and their honey is at its point. And thanks to this process, we have a granola with low levels of sugar but that tastes delicious :)